- I did not receive a coupon I was expecting.
If you did not receive a coupon you were expecting for an advertised offer, you may want to check to see if you purchased the qualifying size, type or quantity within the offer period.
You may also want to check to make sure the store where you shopped was participating. You’ll also want to make sure you check-out at a register with a Catalina Printer. Some Retailers, choose not to have offers print on certain lanes.
Some offers are designed to only be distributed to specific targeted customers based on your Loyalty Card. They are typically, not advertised offers.
By design, some offers will not print a coupon if a coupon was redeemed in the transaction. If you have a question on this, you may want to check with the Customer Service counter at the store.
If you feel your transaction qualified for an offer, please contact Catalinamarketing.com Consumer Support. Or, call 888-826-8766 within 14 days of your transaction.
- What information is required in order to request fulfillment for an offer you were expecting?
An original store receipt is required to validate all requests for fulfillment. Catalina Consumer Support will need the following information from your receipt:
Tell us about your transaction
- Store Name and Number where you shopped
- Store Address
- Store Telephone Number
- Date and Time of Purchase
- Complete row of numbers next to date and time
- Total Amount of your transaction
- Loyalty Card Number Or Walgreens only – RFN number
Tell us what you were expecting
- Name of the Promotion (ex. Spend $100.00 and receive $5 off your next order)
- Description of which coupon you expected to receive (ex. $5 off next order)
- Number of coupons expected (ex. 3 x $5.00)
- Total dollar amount of coupon expected (ex. $15.00)
Tell us where we can mail your replacement coupons and how we can contact you.
- Customer Name:
- Mailing Address (Sorry, due to the risk of fraud, no PO Boxes can be accepted)
- Customer Phone # and / or Customer’s email address
If your transaction cannot be found in the system, we may require you to fax, email or mail us a copy of your original receipt. The receipt must be whole, complete and readable.
- How do you validate my transaction qualified for a coupon?
Catalina does not know who you are! We only have access to transaction data. The information you provide us from your receipt is used to identify your transaction in a daily log of all transactions for the store where you shopped.
We check the following once we find your transaction in the log:
- Consumer’s transaction was completed at a store participating in the offer
- Consumer’s transaction was completed at a register that has a Catalina Coupon Printer
NOTE: At a Retailer and/or Catalina Marketing’s discretion, not all registers are intended to print offers and may not have a Catalina Printer installed. The most common Registers to not have a Catalina Coupon Printer are located in, but not limited to: Self Check Out lanes, Pharmacy, Photo, Cosmetics, Garden Centers, Deli and Automotive Departments. Retailers also have the right to limit printing to certain lanes, even if a printer exists.
- Consumer’s transaction occurred within the valid offer period
- Consumer’s transaction included the purchase of products in the specified size, quantify, flavor, were included in the offer as defined in Catalina’s system at the time the transaction was made
- Dollar amount thresholds required
- For Targeted promotions, Consumers loyalty card was included in the promotion
- The offer did not prohibit the use of other coupons in order to receive the offer
- Validation of qualified transactions show a coupon did not print.
- Fraud check: The Consumers history of requests is reviewed if flagged
Suspicion of Consumer Fraud or Abuse
Requests for Fulfillment are stored electronically. Historical requests are assessed for each new request as part of the validation process. Any suspicion of Fraud or Abuse will be reported to Catalina Internal Affairs.
- How long do I have to request fulfillment for an offer I was expecting?
For non-time sensitive offers, requests for fulfillment are accepted within 14 days from the time of your transaction due to the expiration dates. Requests after 14 days from your transaction can not be accepted.
For time sensitive offers such as Mail-in-Rebates (MIR), Tickets, PINs, Points, and Retailer Coupons with Fixed Barcodes expiration dates, request for fulfillment can be accepted as follows:
Mail-in-Rebates that have an expiration date of 5 or more business days of the MIR deadline. Catalina cannot accept requests for fulfillment on expired MIR’s. Catalina will expedite shipping of the MIR’s when possible but cannot guarantee delivery by the MIR deadline.
Tickets or Event Coupons that have an expiration of 7 or more business days of the actual event. Catalina will expedite shipping of the Tickets when possible but cannot guarantee delivery in time for an event. Catalina cannot accept requests for fulfillment for events that have passed.
PINS – that have an expiration of 2 or more business days from the offer end date. Catalina cannot provide fulfillment for a PIN code offer that has expired. Catalina will attempt to provide Consumers with PINS via email when possible to provide the quickest resolution possible.
POINTS – if 2 or more business days from the offer end date. Catalina cannot issue fulfillment for a Points program that has expired.
FIXED/RETAILER BARCODE - if 7 or more business days from the offer end date. Catalina cannot provide fulfillment for coupon offers that contain a fixed barcode expiration if the expiration date has passed or will pass in the next 7 days.
Coupons must be redeemed by the expiration date. Expiration dates cannot be extended by Catalina.
- How long will it take to validate my request for fulfillment after I submit a request?
Validation is typically completed within 2 business days of your transaction. Catalina Consumer Support cannot validate transactions the same day of purchases. Once a transaction is validated, you should expect to receive a replacement coupon within 10 business days or less. If your transaction did not qualify, you will be notified via email or phone.
- How long will it take to get my replacement coupon?
Assuming requests were received within the guidelines; time sensitive offers such as Event Tickets, Mail in Rebates, PINs, etc. are prioritized and will be sent as quickly as possible to meet the deadlines. Our goal for all other offers is to have your coupons delivered to you within 10 business days.
Please note, if you do not receive your replacement coupon, please let us know within 6 weeks of your initial request. After 6 weeks, all requests will become void. If we are able to confirm that we have sent your coupon to the correct mailing address, we are unable to resend it.
- I received a slightly different coupon than what I expected.
With the exception of Mail-In-Rebate coupons, Ticket Coupons, Pin and Points offers, when time permits, Catalina will provide an identical fulfillment print to the consumer. If the request was received within 14 days from the time of the transaction, and the offer will be expiring before an original print can be provided, Catalina reserves the right to send a substitute coupon of equal monetary value.
- Do all stores in a Chain participate in the same promotional offers?
A Retailer or Manufacturer will decide what stores will be included in a promotional offer. Not all stores for a Chain will always be participating in the same offers. Check with the Customer Service desk or the weekly Ad from the store where you shop if you have questions on what offers are running.
- My coupon was lost, stolen, damaged, soiled or expired.
Catalina is not able to replace coupons that are lost, stolen, damaged, soiled or have expired.
- The store was out of the products in an advertised offer when I shopped. I received a rain check but no coupon.
Coupons can only be generated or fulfilled if the transaction was made within the program offer period.
- I used a rain check outside of the offer period and didn’t get a coupon.
Catalina cannot fulfill any requests for coupons for a purchase made outside of the promotion start and stop dates. If a store is out of a product in an advertised offer, you may want to check to see if another store close by has the products you are interested in in order to receive the coupon.
- Can you tell me why my coupon didn’t print?
Catalina will not provide a Consumer with information on any Catalina hardware, software, program setup or functionality. Catalina will not be held liable for the malfunction of hardware, software or program set up. Catalina will not be held responsible for performing retroactive Consumer Fulfillment for any program offer changes made by the Retailer, Manufacturer or Catalina.
Catalina will not provide Consumers with information on offer qualifications outside of the products they purchased.
Catalina does not have access to Consumer information at the point of sale. Catalina will only address a Consumers request for fulfillment for an offer they were expecting.
- I shopped after the offer ended and missed out on getting a coupon.
Catalina cannot fulfill requests for coupons for a purchase made outside of the promotion start and stop dates.
- I’m concerned the store where I shopped appeared to be facing an issue with printing coupons. What can be done for customers that missed offers?
Catalina does not have access to and does not collect Consumer information from Transaction data. Catalina is not able to inform consumers who have missed a promotion, regardless of fault, and assumes no responsibility for retroactively communicating to consumers who have missed an offer. However, Catalina will provide fulfillment for valid and qualifying requests that are submitted through the proper fulfillment channel.
- Why didn’t my coupon scan at the store?
While Catalina systems support the printing of coupons, they do not support the redemption process. Once a coupon is printed, the Store’s system (POS) reads the barcode and deducts the amount programmed in their POS system. If there is an issue with a coupon scanning, the store will contact their Help Desk Scan Coordinator to assist.
- I never received my rebate after I mailed it in.
Catalina systems support the printing of Mail-in-Rebates (MIRs) but they do not support the redemption process. Once a MIR is printed, the processor noted on the MIR is responsible for redemption. It is always advisable to make a copy of all of your forms and paperwork prior to mailing original documents.
- Can you tell me what offers are running and where?
Catalina is contractually prohibited from sharing information on what offers are currently running in specific stores or the terms of the offers. Please check the ad, circulars or with the Customer Service Desk where you shop.
A great source for in-store offers and printable coupons is www.CouponNetwork.com. Printable coupons are grocery manufacturer coupons that you can print right away and use at any of your neighborhood stores.